Visual Studio Version

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:20 AM

I'm using Visual C# 2010 Express. Is there any way you can release a version compatible with 2010? The files open, but it would be great to see the project structure also. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I kinda agree with topofsteel there, it's nice of course to be using the latest and 'best of the best' as in VS2012 and .NET 4.5 but it limits alot of developers who do not have access to that.

As a developer working on .NET and building libraries for the mass, it would be great if the code was modified so that it compiles on the lowest version of .NET as possible.

topofsteel, to get it to compile on .NET 4.0 and VS2010, you could try modifying the D3API class as follows:

// add reference to System.Web.Helpers and add this line to the top of the D3API.cs

using System.Web.Helpers;

// replace D3API's getObjectFromURL with this

public dynamic getObjectFromURL(string URL)
{
    var webRes = ((HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(URL)).GetResponse();
    var streamReader = new StreamReader(webRes.GetResponseStream());
    string responce = streamReader.ReadToEnd();
    webRes.Close();
    streamReader.Dispose();
    return Json.Decode( responce );
}

btw, I didn't got a chance to test if this really works other than it compiles.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM

vs 2012 is not the best of the best its the Vista in the visual Studio world so far due to its UI.

we are workign in .net 4 and the vs2010 sp1, i am gona get the source code and try to recompile against that. 4.5 is no use in our days, and i hope you dont have async tasks in there :(

excellent wrapper on the other hand keep it live and updated man.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I'll compile and post a .Net 4.0 project for VS2010. First for the main portion of the project, because some code changes, not much, but still some. Then I'll recreate the Test Version API + Tools.